Sunday, March 9, 2008

Brothers (2)

My brother Phillip learned one year not to wear my clothes without asking me first. I was in high school and worked in the afternoons and on weekends to be able to pay for the clothes I wore so Mom and Dad didn’t have to pay for them. I had also bought my own truck and paid for my gas, school supplies and expenses, and whatever else I needed. I got off work one Saturday and rushed home to get ready for a date with my high school sweetie. The day before I had gone to a local clothing store and bought a couple of shirts and a pair of fancy blue jeans.
Now, these were not ordinary, everyday jeans. This pair of jeans had some decorative pockets, wide belt loops, and the back pockets were embroidered. I’d paid over twenty bucks for this pair of jeans!
Phillip had come in from somewhere with one of his buddies before I got off of work and decided to wear my jeans. Aside from wearing my jeans, the only mistake he made was coming back to the house before I’d left. I took my jeans off of him in the front yard and didn’t care that all the neighbors were watching! Mom tried to get Dad to intervene on Phillips behalf but Dad said that he needed to learn not to wear things that weren’t his.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that was in 1979, I remember that.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go back in time and witness some of the stories in the making!! I love hearing about when you grew up =)